CLARINS INSTANT SMOOTH SELF TANNER

Martes, Setyembre 13, 2011

CLARINS INSTANT SMOOTH SELF TANNER




When Anna, one of my favourite bloggers, posted about the Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanner it went straight to the top of my wishlist. In my head, anything Anna says, goes. (Okay, I just want to be her). 

I've come to terms with the fact that I will always be pale. Always. I don't have the patience for fake tan but I will admit, the fact that I look like another member of the Cullen family does sometimes get me down. The promise of natural, glowy skin sold this product to me and I was excited to finally have it land on my doorstep.

The product is designed to be a base with a hint of self tan. This means that it is used as a primer which subtly tints the skin and leaves a lasting, tanned glow long after you've removed your makeup. It is a velvety gel formula which in the pot does look scarily orange. However, the product disappears into your skin almost instantly- and for me, that's the problem. It disappears.

Now, before I tried this I was haunted with visions of a streaky orange face, so I took care to apply it evenly thinking it would develop throughout the day and i'd go to bed looking as though i've spent a day on the beach. However, this really leaves NO colour on my face whatsoever. It does smooth the skin excellently and works as a lovely primer but for a tanner- the primary reason I picked it up- it leaves me dissatisfied. I use it almost everyday under my makeup but it hasn't developed at all.

Another major flaw is the smell. Although it too disappears after a few seconds it is STRONG. If you open the jar you smell it immediately and it certainly isn't a pleasant or bearable smell.

Although I will be using it up, I can't see me repurchasing this. I'd love to hear your recommendations for a similar product as I love the idea of how effortless this product would be if it actually worked.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento